“Discover the deliciousness of air fryer meatloaf! Experience the perfect combination of juicy flavors and crispy texture, all achieved effortlessly with this innovative cooking method. Say goodbye to greasy meals and hello to healthier indulgence. Try our mouthwatering air fryer meatloaf recipe today!”
AIR FRYER MEATLOAF
Making air fryer meatloaf is an easy and quick way to enjoy a delicious comfort food. This recipe requires minimal prep time and uses simple ingredients like ground beef, garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper, and your favorite seasonings. The meatloaf is cooked to perfection in the air fryer, resulting in a juicy dinner with crispy edges and a flavorful crust.
This classic meatloaf recipe is made with lean ground beef, but you can also use ground turkey or pork for variation. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner that the whole family will love. The meatloaf can be served as is or paired with side dishes like mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
To make the air fryer meatloaf, simply combine the ground beef with bread crumbs, egg, milk, onion, and seasonings in a large bowl. Shape the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in the air fryer. Cook at 380 degrees F for 16-18 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
While the meatloaf cooks, prepare the glaze by combining ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl. Once the meatloaf is done cooking, brush the glaze on top of the loaf and return it to the air fryer for an additional 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
Leftover meatloaf slices can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheated in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. Serve them as sandwiches or alongside other meals.
Air frying meatloaf is a convenient way to enjoy this classic dish without using loaf pans or spending hours in the kitchen. Give it a try and enjoy a delicious and comforting meal!
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE
I love this recipe for air fryer meatloaf because it is incredibly easy to make and yields a delicious and flavorful meal. The convenience of using an air fryer means that I can have my favorite comfort food ready in less than thirty minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights. Plus, the air fryer gives the meatloaf a crispy crust and juicy interior that everyone in my family enjoys.
This recipe requires very little prep time and uses simple ingredients that are commonly found in most kitchens. Ground beef, garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper, and seasonings are all you need to create this classic meatloaf. However, you can also experiment with ground turkey or pork if you prefer. The versatility of this recipe allows you to customize it to your taste.
One of the reasons why this air fryer meatloaf is a favorite in my family is because even picky eaters enjoy it. The juiciness of the meatloaf combined with the crispy edges and flavorful crust makes it a crowd-pleaser. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner option that is both satisfying and comforting.
This homemade air fryer meatloaf recipe requires the following ingredients:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Your favorite seasonings (optional)
Note: You can substitute ground turkey or ground pork for the ground beef if desired.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings you prefer. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
Shape the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in the air fryer basket.
Air fry the meatloaf at 380 degrees F for 16-18 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix together ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce to create a glaze. Brush this glaze onto the cooked meatloaf.
Return the meatloaf to the air fryer and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes at 380 degrees F to allow the glaze to set.
Remove the meatloaf from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your homemade air fryer meatloaf with crispy edges and a juicy center!
In a medium bowl, combine the following ingredients to make the glaze:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
Stir together until well combined.
In a large bowl, combine one pound of lean ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, milk, onion, and seasonings. Stir together until well mixed and evenly distributed.
Shape the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in the air fryer.
Cook the meatloaf at 380 degrees F for 16-18 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
While the meatloaf cooks, prepare the glaze by combining ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
Once the meatloaf is done cooking, remove it from the air fryer and brush the glaze on top of the entire loaf. Return it to the air fryer and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meatloaf has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F before serving.
Let the meatloaf rest in its juices for 3-5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
There are several variations you can try with this air fryer meatloaf recipe:
1. Different meats: Instead of using ground beef, you can experiment with other meats like ground sausage, poultry, seafood, or pork. Each will give the meatloaf a unique flavor and texture.
2. Spicy glaze: For an extra kick of flavor, add buffalo sauce, chili sauce, or a dash of hot sauce to the glaze mixture. This will give the meatloaf a spicy twist.
3. Cheesy topping: Sprinkle shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese on top of the meatloaf before cooking. This will create a delicious cheesy crust on the outside of the loaf.
4. Leaner options: If you’re looking for a healthier version of meatloaf, use lean meats like ground chicken, ground turkey, or ground pork. These options will have less fat and calories compared to traditional ground beef.
5. Extra seasonings: To enhance the flavor even more, add additional seasonings to the meat mixture such as onion powder, extra garlic powder, or extra ketchup. This will give the meatloaf an extra burst of flavor.
6. Veggie mix-ins: For added nutrition and variety, mix in small white button mushrooms or chopped bell peppers to the meatloaf mixture before cooking. This will incorporate some vegetables into your meal.
7. Mini loaves: Instead of shaping one large loaf, you can shape the mixture into mini individual-sized loaves. This is great for portion control and easy serving.
Remember to adjust cooking times accordingly if you make any changes to the recipe!
SUBSTITUTION FOR BREAD CRUMBS
If you don’t have bread crumbs on hand, there are a few substitutions you can use. One option is to crush up crackers, such as saltine or Ritz crackers, and use them in place of bread crumbs. You can also use rolled oats or crushed cornflakes as a substitute. Another option is to use ground flaxseed or almond flour for a gluten-free alternative. These substitutions will still provide the necessary texture and binding agents for the meatloaf. Experiment with different options to find the one that suits your taste preferences.
– To reduce the amount of grease in the meatloaf, use lean ground beef or other lean meats like ground chicken or turkey.
– If you prefer a spicier flavor, add buffalo sauce, chili sauce, or hot sauce to the glaze.
– For a different taste and texture, top the meatloaf with shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese before cooking.
– Consider using ground imitation meat for a vegetarian version of meatloaf.
– If the top of the meatloaf is browning too quickly, cover it with foil to prevent burning.
– Let the meatloaf rest in its juices for a few minutes after cooking to enhance its flavor and juiciness.
– Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the meatloaf. Thicker loaves may require additional cooking time.
– For extra sauce, add more ketchup to the tangy glaze.
– If you prefer individual servings or easy meal prep, shape the mixture into mini meat loaves. Cooking time will be shorter for smaller portions.
– If using less than a pound of ground beef, adjust the recipe accordingly to maintain proper proportions and flavors.
STORING AND REHEATING
Storing and reheating the air fryer meatloaf is simple. After cooking, you can wrap any extra slices of meatloaf in plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or store them in an airtight container. Keep them in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
To reheat the meatloaf, place the slices in the air fryer basket and air fry at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes, or until the meat is heated through.
If you have leftover meatloaf and want to make a sandwich, simply place a slice of meatloaf between two pieces of bread for a delicious meal.
Remember to always use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F, which is the safe temperature for ground beef.
You can also freeze any leftover meatloaf by wrapping it tightly in freezer-safe packaging. It can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. To thaw and reheat frozen meatloaf, simply let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then follow the reheating instructions mentioned above.
By following these storage and reheating tips, you can enjoy your homemade air fryer meatloaf even on busy days!
SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH MEATLOAF
SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH MEATLOAF
Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Here are some delicious options to serve alongside your air fryer meatloaf:
1. Mashed Potatoes: Creamy mashed potatoes are the perfect complement to meatloaf. Whether you prefer traditional mashed potatoes or opt for a twist like garlic mashed potatoes, they are sure to be a hit.
2. Roasted Vegetables: Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness and adds a delicious caramelized flavor. Consider serving roasted carrots, Brussels sprouts, or asparagus alongside your meatloaf for a healthy and flavorful side dish.
3. Green Beans: Steamed or sautéed green beans make a simple and nutritious side dish for meatloaf. Add some butter and garlic for extra flavor, or try blanching them and tossing with lemon zest for a fresh citrus taste.
4. Macaroni and Cheese: Indulge in some creamy macaroni and cheese as a comforting side dish to accompany your meatloaf. You can stick with the classic version or get creative by adding bacon, jalapenos, or different types of cheese.
5. Salad: A fresh salad can provide a refreshing contrast to the rich flavors of meatloaf. Choose your favorite greens, such as mixed greens, romaine lettuce, or spinach, and add toppings like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado.
6. Cornbread: Serve slices of homemade cornbread alongside your meatloaf for a Southern-inspired meal. The slightly sweet cornbread pairs well with the savory flavors of the meatloaf.
7. Baked Beans: Baked beans are another popular choice to serve with meatloaf. Their smoky-sweet flavor complements the richness of the meatloaf and makes for a hearty side dish.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Feel free to mix and match side dishes to create a meal that suits your tastes and preferences. Enjoy your air fryer meatloaf with these delicious accompaniments for a satisfying and flavorful meal.
1. Can I use a loaf pan in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use a loaf pan in the air fryer. However, it may take longer to cook the bottom of the meatloaf.
2. What kind of ground meat can I use?
Traditionally, this recipe is made with ground beef. However, you can substitute other meats like ground sausage, poultry, seafood, or pork. You can also use ground imitation meat for a vegetarian version of meatloaf.
3. Can I add extra flavor to the meat mixture?
Absolutely! You can add onion powder, garlic powder, or extra ketchup to the meat mixture for an extra burst of flavor.
4. How do I prevent the top of the meatloaf from burning before it is done cooking?
If the top of the meatloaf is darkening too quickly, you can place a sheet of foil over it to prevent burning.
5. How long should I let the meatloaf rest after cooking?
It is recommended to let the meatloaf rest in its juices for 3-5 minutes after cooking.
6. Can I make mini meat loaves instead?
Yes! If you prefer individual servings or want to use them for meal prep, you can shape the mixture into mini meat loaves. Just note that air frying time will be lower for smaller loaves.
7. What if I’m using less than a pound of ground beef?
If using less than a pound of ground beef, adjust cooking time accordingly and ensure that internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F for safe consumption.
MORE GROUND BEEF AIR FRYER RECIPES
If you’re looking for more delicious ways to cook ground beef in your air fryer, here are a few recipes to try:
1. Air Fryer Cheeseburgers: Make juicy and flavorful cheeseburgers right in your air fryer. Simply season the ground beef with salt, pepper, and your favorite spices, shape into patties, and cook in the air fryer until perfectly done.
2. Air Fryer Taco Meat: Whip up a batch of taco meat in no time with your air fryer. Brown the ground beef in the air fryer, then add taco seasoning, water, and simmer until the flavors meld together.
3. Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers: Stuff bell peppers with a mixture of ground beef, rice, tomatoes, and seasonings, then cook them in the air fryer until tender and delicious.
4. Air Fryer Beef Stir-Fry: Create a quick and healthy stir-fry by cooking thinly sliced beef in the air fryer along with your favorite vegetables and sauces.
5. Air Fryer Meatballs: Make perfectly cooked meatballs without any fuss using your air fryer. Mix ground beef with breadcrumbs, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings. Shape into meatballs and cook in the air fryer until browned and cooked through.
These recipes are just a starting point for all the amazing things you can do with ground beef in your air fryer. Get creative and experiment with different flavors and ingredients to create your own delicious dishes!
AIR FRYER MEATLOAF RECIPE
Making air fryer meatloaf is an easy way to make your favorite comfort food, cooked to perfection. This homemade meatloaf is full of flavor and can be done in less than thirty minutes! With very little prep time, this recipe eliminates the need for loaf pans. Simply combine ground beef, garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper, and your favorite seasonings in a large bowl. Shape the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in the air fryer. Cook at 380 degrees F for 16-18 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
While the meatloaf cooks, prepare the glaze by combining ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire Sauce in a medium bowl. Once the meatloaf is done cooking, remove it from the air fryer and brush the glaze on top. Return it to the air fryer for an additional 2-3 minutes of cooking time. Serve hot and enjoy!
This recipe is versatile as you can also use ground turkey or ground pork instead of ground beef. Leftover meatloaf can be stored in the fridge for about 3-4 days and reheated in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes until heated through. The meatloaf pairs well with classic sides like mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
In conclusion, air fryer meatloaf offers a healthier alternative to traditional baking or frying methods. With its ability to reduce oil content and cook food evenly, it allows for a tasty yet guilt-free indulgence. Whether you’re craving a classic comfort food or looking for a quick and easy dinner option, air fryer meatloaf is sure to satisfy your taste buds while keeping your health in check.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!