“Delicious and Savory: Unleash your culinary skills with our delectable collection of meatball recipes! From classic Italian flavors to exotic twists, discover mouthwatering dishes that will satisfy any meat lover’s cravings. Get ready to impress your taste buds with these easy-to-follow recipes bursting with flavor and tenderness. Let the meatball feast begin!”
Easy Meatballs & Mashed Potatoes
This Meatballs & Mashed Potatoes meal is a comforting and satisfying dish that is easy to make. The meatballs are made with ground beef, breadcrumbs, and milk as a binder. They are cooked in a skillet until browned on all sides. The mashed potatoes are made by boiling cubed potatoes until tender and then mashing them with butter and milk until creamy.
To make the gravy, you can use a packet of brown gravy mix or make your own from the pan drippings of the meatballs. The gravy adds richness and ties the whole dish together. This recipe can be made in just 30 minutes, making it a great option for busy weeknights or when you want to use up pantry staples.
You can also save time by using pre-formed meatballs instead of making them from scratch. The meatballs and potatoes cook at the same time, so everything is ready to serve at once.
Ingredients You’ll Need
– Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
– 1 pound ground beef chuck with 15% fat content
– Plain breadcrumbs or panko
– Brown gravy mix or ingredients to make homemade gravy
– Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Meatballs & Mashed Potatoes
To make this comforting meal of meatballs and mashed potatoes, follow these simple steps:
1. Start by filling a large pot halfway with water and add the cubed potatoes. Cook them at a gentle boil until they are tender, which usually takes about 15 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, combine breadcrumbs and milk in a bowl and allow the breadcrumbs to soak until they turn into a paste.
3. In another bowl, thoroughly mix together ground beef and the breadcrumb paste using your hands. Form evenly-sized meatballs, about 1 1/4 inch in diameter.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the meatballs. Allow them to brown on one side before turning them over. Continue cooking until all sides are evenly browned, which should take around 10 minutes.
5. Once the meatballs are cooked, remove them from the pan and set aside. Drain off most of the excess oil from the pan but leave some grease and browned bits for added flavor.
6. Add butter and flour to the pan with the remaining grease and whisk together to form a paste. Cook this mixture on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, whisking occasionally.
7. Gradually add beef stock to the pan while whisking well until combined. Cook the gravy over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until it thickens and reduces slightly. If it becomes too thick, you can add a little water and whisk again.
8. Season the gravy with salt and pepper according to your taste preferences.
9. To make mashed potatoes, drain the cooked potatoes and mash them using a masher or hand mixer. Add butter and milk to the mashed potatoes and stir well to combine.
10. Serve the meatballs on top of creamy mashed potatoes and pour gravy over them.
Enjoy your delicious and comforting meal of meatballs and mashed potatoes!
How to Make Gravy
To make gravy for this Meatballs & Mashed Potatoes meal, start by removing the cooked meatballs from the pan and draining off most of the excess oil. Leave a bit of pan grease and the browned bits on the bottom to add flavor to the gravy. Add butter and flour to the pan and whisk together with the grease to form a paste. Cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, whisking occasionally.
Next, add beef stock to the pan and whisk well until combined with the paste. Cook the gravy over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until thickened and reduced. If the gravy becomes too thick, you can add a little water and whisk it in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This homemade gravy is a great option if you don’t have a packet of brown gravy mix on hand or if you prefer to make your own. It adds even more flavor to the meatballs and mashed potatoes, making it a truly satisfying meal.
Tips and Notes
– To save time, use pre-formed meatballs or purchase frozen meatballs from the store.
– If you have a sensitivity to eggs or don’t have any on hand, you can substitute milk as a binder in the meatball mixture.
– Cooking the meatballs and potatoes at the same time helps to ensure that both components of the dish are ready together.
– If using a packet of brown gravy mix, follow the instructions on the package to make the gravy. Alternatively, you can make your own gravy using pan drippings from the meatballs.
– Leftover meatballs and mashed potatoes can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
In conclusion, meatballs are a versatile and delicious option for any meal. With endless variations and cooking methods, they can be enjoyed in countless recipes. Whether served as an appetizer, in pasta dishes, or as a main course, meatballs never fail to satisfy cravings and bring comfort to the table. So go ahead, explore the world of meatball recipes and discover new flavors that will surely impress your taste buds.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!