“Delight in the crispy goodness of our air fry asparagus recipe. Discover a simple and healthy way to enjoy this vibrant vegetable, perfectly cooked to perfection with a delightful crunch. Elevate your meals with this easy-to-follow recipe that promises to be a flavorful addition to any dish.”
Air Fryer Asparagus
This air fryer asparagus recipe is a quick and easy way to cook asparagus that results in amazing flavor. After tossing the asparagus in seasoning, it gets topped with parmesan and crunchy Panko breadcrumbs for a delicious vegetable side dish. The air fryer makes it convenient to have dinner on the table quickly, with the asparagus taking only 10 minutes to cook. The thin tips of the asparagus become crisp in the air fryer, creating a delightful texture and flavor. This dish pairs well with various main courses, such as smoked turkey breast or bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. For dessert, you can even make air fryer chocolate chip oatmeal cookies using the same appliance.
When preparing the asparagus, it’s important to remove the tough ends by snapping them off or cutting them at the appropriate point where they become tender. If your asparagus is thick, you may need to peel off some of the outer skin using a vegetable peeler. The cooking time for this recipe will depend on how thick your asparagus is, so it’s best to monitor its tenderness and adjust accordingly.
Overall, this air fryer asparagus recipe offers a flavorful and convenient way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable. It’s perfect for any meal and can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences.
Air fryer asparagus with a crispy parmesan crust:
This air fryer asparagus recipe is a game-changer. Not only is it incredibly quick and easy to make, but the end result is absolutely delicious. The asparagus gets tossed in a flavorful seasoning blend, then topped with a crispy mixture of parmesan cheese and Panko breadcrumbs. When cooked in the air fryer, the thin tips of the asparagus become perfectly crisp while retaining their tender texture. The combination of flavors and textures makes this dish an unforgettable vegetable side.
The convenience of the air fryer is another major advantage of this recipe. While your main course is cooking, you can simply pop the seasoned asparagus into the air fryer and let it cook for just 10 minutes. By the time you’re ready to slice into your turkey breast or any other main course, the asparagus will be perfectly cooked and ready to serve.
When preparing the asparagus for cooking, it’s important to remove any tough ends. Simply hold each stalk near the bottom half and bend it until it snaps naturally at where the tough part ends. For thicker asparagus, you may need to peel off some of the outer skin using a vegetable peeler to ensure tenderness.
Gather the ingredients:
This air fryer asparagus recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Fresh asparagus (thick or thin)
- Olive oil (or another type of cooking oil)
- Onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Parmesan cheese (pre-grated or grated yourself)
- Panko bread crumbs (for extra crunch)
To prepare the asparagus, start by snapping off the tough ends. Hold each stalk near the bottom half and bend it until it snaps naturally. Discard the tough ends.
If your asparagus is really thick, you can also use a vegetable peeler to remove some of the tough outer skin.
In a bowl, toss the asparagus with olive oil until it is lightly coated. Sprinkle on the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Toss again to evenly distribute the seasonings.
Line up the seasoned asparagus in the air fryer basket. Sprinkle on grated Parmesan cheese and Panko bread crumbs. Drizzle a bit more olive oil over the top.
Set your air fryer to 400°F and cook for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus is. Check for doneness – thinner asparagus may require less time while thicker ones might need a bit longer.
Once cooked, transfer the air-fried asparagus to a serving dish. The tips should be crispy and the asparagus tender. Serve as a delicious and flavorful side dish with any main course.
Expert tips to prepare asparagus
1. Choosing the right asparagus: When selecting asparagus, you can choose between thick or thin stalks. Thicker asparagus will take longer to cook, so keep that in mind when planning your cooking time.
2. Snap and slice technique: To remove the tough ends of the asparagus, hold the stalk near the bottom half and bend it until it snaps. This will naturally break at the point where the tough part ends. Repeat this process for the remaining stalks by lining them up and cutting them in the same area where the first one broke.
3. Peeling thick asparagus: If you have really thick asparagus, you may find that the outer skin becomes tough when cooked. In this case, use a vegetable peeler to peel off the lower portion of the skin for a more enjoyable texture.
4. Seasoning with oil and spices: Before cooking, toss the asparagus in olive oil until lightly coated. Then sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper over the asparagus and toss to evenly distribute the seasoning.
5. Adding Parmesan and bread crumbs: For extra flavor and texture, top the seasoned asparagus with grated Parmesan cheese and Panko bread crumbs before air frying. The cheese will add a savory element while Panko crumbs provide a crispy coating.
6. Cooking in batches: It’s important not to overcrowd your air fryer basket to ensure even cooking. If you have a small air fryer, cook the asparagus in two batches if necessary.
7. Adjusting cooking time: Different brands of air fryers may cook at slightly different rates, so it’s essential to check for doneness during cooking and adjust the time accordingly. Extremely thin asparagus may require less time, so keep a close eye on them.
By following these expert tips, you can prepare perfectly cooked and flavorful asparagus using your air fryer. Enjoy this delicious vegetable side dish with your favorite main course.
How to make air fryer asparagus:
To make air fryer asparagus, start by choosing fresh asparagus. You can choose between thick or thin asparagus, but keep in mind that thicker asparagus will take longer to cook. Next, coat the asparagus with olive oil until it has a light coat of oil. Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper over the asparagus and toss them around so the seasoning is well distributed.
Line the asparagus up inside the air fryer basket and sprinkle parmesan cheese and Panko breadcrumbs on top. Drizzle a bit more oil over the crumbs for added crispiness. Set the air fryer to 400°F and cook for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Keep an eye on extremely thin asparagus, as it may require less time.
It is important not to overcrowd the air fryer. If you have a small air fryer, cook the asparagus in two batches. Different brands of air fryers may also cook at slightly different rates, so check for doneness and adjust the cooking time if necessary. Once cooked, serve the air fryer asparagus hot and enjoy its crispy texture and delicious flavor!
Tips for success:
1. Choose fresh asparagus: Fresh asparagus is key to making this recipe delicious. Look for firm, bright green stalks with tightly closed tips.
2. Snap off tough ends: To remove the tough ends of the asparagus, hold each stalk near the bottom half and bend it until it snaps. This will ensure that you’re only cooking the tender part of the asparagus.
3. Slice evenly: After snapping off the first stalk, arrange the rest in a line and slice them in the same area where the first one broke. This will help ensure that all the asparagus cook evenly.
4. Peel thick skin: If your asparagus has thick skin, use a vegetable peeler to remove the lower portion of the skin. This will help make it more tender and enjoyable to eat.
5. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer: Make sure not to overcrowd your air fryer basket with too many asparagus spears. If necessary, cook them in batches to ensure they cook evenly and get crispy.
6. Adjust cooking time: The cook time for the asparagus will vary depending on how thick they are and your specific air fryer model. Keep an eye on them while they cook and adjust the time accordingly to achieve your desired level of crispness.
7. Enjoy immediately: Asparagus is best enjoyed right after cooking while it’s still hot and crispy. Serve it as a side dish alongside your main course or enjoy it on its own.
In conclusion, air frying asparagus is a quick and healthy way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable. With minimal oil and a short cooking time, you can achieve crispy and flavorful asparagus spears. Try this easy recipe to add a delicious side dish to your meals without the guilt of deep frying.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!