“Discover the irresistible crispiness of butternut squash with our revolutionary air fryer recipe. Indulge in guilt-free, healthier meals as we show you how to effortlessly achieve perfectly golden and flavorful butternut squash every time. Unlock a new level of culinary excellence with our simple yet innovative air fryer technique.”
AIR FRYER BUTTERNUT SQUASH
This recipe makes delicious air fryer butternut squash with just a few simple ingredients. This crispy roasted squash is a perfect side dish for almost any meal. You will love this air fryer butternut squash recipe because it is an easy way to have a roasted butternut squash as a great side dish for the holiday season. With almost no meal prep time, it is a fast and healthy way to cook your favorite vegetable.
To make this easy air fryer recipe, start by peeling the butternut squash and removing the seeds. Cut the squash into cubes and toss them in olive oil and seasonings. Cook the seasoned squash in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 16 to 18 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. The result is crispy and tender butternut squash that can be seasoned with additional salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Butternut squash is not only delicious but also nutritious. It is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. This winter squash is naturally gluten-free and low in calories, making it suitable for various diets such as Whole30 or paleo. Additionally, you can customize the flavors by adding extra seasonings like chili powder, paprika, cinnamon, brown sugar, or nutmeg.
INGREDIENTS FOR AIR FRYER SQUASH
This air fryer butternut squash recipe requires just a few simple ingredients:
- Cubed Butternut squash – peeled, sliced in half, and then cut into bite-size cubes
- Kosher Salt – to season according to your taste preference
- Olive Oil – for coating the squash cubes
- Seasonings – such as minced garlic or garlic powder, additional salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh parsley if desired
To prepare the butternut squash for cooking, use a sharp vegetable peeler to peel off the skin. Then, use a sharp chef knife to cut the squash halves lengthwise and remove all seeds. Cut the squash into cubes about the size of dice, aiming for 1-inch cubes. Alternatively, you can use pre-cut butternut squash cubes to skip these steps.
In a medium mixing bowl, add the butternut squash cubes and toss them with olive oil and your choice of seasonings. Make sure each piece of squash is well coated. Pour the seasoned squash pieces into the air fryer basket or onto a baking sheet for a rack air fryer, arranging them in a single layer.
Cook the butternut squash on Air Fry mode at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 to 18 minutes until it becomes crispy and tender to your liking. Shake the basket halfway during the cooking process to ensure even cooking. Once cooked, season with additional salt and pepper if desired and garnish with fresh parsley.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRY BUTTERNUT SQUASH
To make air fry butternut squash, start by peeling the skin off the squash using a sharp vegetable peeler. Next, cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove all the seeds. Cut the squash into cubes about the size of dice, aiming for 1-inch cubes.
In a medium mixing bowl, add the butternut squash cubes and toss them with olive oil and your choice of seasonings. Make sure all the pieces of squash are well coated with the oil and seasonings.
Once coated, pour the seasoned squash pieces into the air fryer basket or onto a baking sheet if you have a rack air fryer. It’s important to arrange them in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
Cook the butternut squash in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 to 18 minutes, or until it is crispy and tender to your liking. Shake the basket halfway through the cooking process to ensure even browning.
After cooking, season the cooked squash with additional salt and pepper to taste. You can also garnish it with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy your delicious air fryer butternut squash as a perfect side dish for any meal!
This air fryer butternut squash recipe is versatile and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Here are a few notes and variations you can try:
– If you prefer a sweeter version of the squash, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of butter or maple syrup to the seasoned squash before air frying. You can also sprinkle a tablespoon of brown sugar or maple syrup on top for added sweetness.
– Feel free to experiment with different seasonings and spices to enhance the flavor of the butternut squash. For a savory twist, you can add 2 teaspoons of minced garlic or 1 teaspoon of garlic powder to the seasoning mixture.
– This recipe calls for cubed butternut squash, but if you prefer larger chunks or slices, you can adjust the size according to your preference. Just make sure they are cut into even pieces for even cooking.
– Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes until warmed through. Note that reheated squash may not be as crispy as when first made, but it will still be delicious.
– If you’re using larger butternut squash, it’s recommended to cook them in two batches rather than overcrowding the air fryer basket or baking sheet. This ensures that the squash cooks evenly and crisps up nicely.
– Butternut squash is a nutritious vegetable that is low in calories and high in potassium. It’s also rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This recipe is perfect for those following whole30 or paleo diets as it is naturally gluten-free and high in fiber.
AIR FRYER BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE
This air fryer butternut squash recipe is a simple and delicious way to enjoy crispy roasted squash as a side dish. With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, it’s perfect for any meal or holiday gathering. Start by peeling the butternut squash skin using a sharp vegetable peeler, then cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1-inch cubes.
In a medium mixing bowl, toss the butternut squash cubes with olive oil and seasonings until well coated. Place the seasoned squash pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket or on a baking sheet for a rack air fryer. Cook the squash at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 to 18 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking process.
Once cooked, season the butternut squash with additional salt and pepper to taste. You can also garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Serve this crispy and tender air fryer butternut squash as a side dish alongside dishes like duck, lamb chops, or whole roasted chicken. Enjoy!
In conclusion, the air fryer provides a convenient and healthy option for cooking butternut squash. With its ability to crisp the exterior while maintaining a soft interior, it offers a hassle-free alternative to traditional methods. Incorporating this versatile appliance into your kitchen arsenal can elevate your culinary experience and unlock new possibilities for enjoying butternut squash dishes.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!