Introducing Honey Sriracha Sauce: A Perfect Balance of Sweet and Spicy Delight. This delectable condiment combines the smoothness of honey with the fiery kick of sriracha, creating a tantalizing flavor experience. Whether you’re looking to add a zing to your stir-fries, glaze your grilled meats, or simply elevate your dipping sauce game, our Honey Sriracha Sauce is the ultimate choice. Embrace the perfect harmony of flavors in every mouthwatering drop.
Simple Honey Sriracha Sauce (It’s Irresistibly Good!)
This sweet and spicy Honey Sriracha Sauce adds incredible flavor to baked or grilled chicken and wings. Whether you use it as a glaze or a dipping sauce, it will elevate your dish to a whole new level. The combination of honey and Sriracha creates the perfect balance of sweetness and heat, making it an ideal accompaniment to chicken. It can also be used on roast potatoes, brussels sprouts, and even as a sauce for shrimp.
Making this sauce is super easy. With just five ingredients that you probably already have on hand, you can whip up this delicious sauce in about 5 minutes on the stove top. The primary ingredient, Sriracha, is a popular hot sauce known for its distinctive flavor and spiciness. Made from red chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt, it offers a delightful combination of heat, tanginess, sweetness, and umami. The thick consistency and vibrant red color of Sriracha make it versatile enough to be used as a condiment or dipping sauce.
To make the Honey Sriracha Sauce, simply combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir them together until they are well mixed and let the mixture bubble for a minute before reducing the heat to simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce has slightly reduced and thickened up. You can use it immediately or store it for later use.
This versatile sauce can be served in various ways. You can slather it on chicken wings or shrimp as a glaze or use it as a dipping sauce for French fries or tater tots. It’s thick enough to be used both ways effectively. If you want to store it for future use, keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Alternatively, you can freeze it in a freezer-safe container or ice cube tray for up to 2 months.
This recipe has received rave reviews from readers who have tried it. Many have praised its delicious taste and versatility. The addition of honey helps to counterbalance the spiciness of Sriracha, resulting in a sauce that is flavorful without being overwhelming. If you’re looking for a simple yet irresistible sauce to enhance your meals, give this Honey Sriracha Sauce a try.
What is Sriracha?
Sriracha is a popular hot sauce that originated in Thailand and has gained worldwide recognition for its distinctive flavor and spiciness. It is made primarily from red chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt, resulting in a delicious combination of heat, tanginess, sweetness, and umami. The sauce has a thick consistency and a vibrant red color. It is gluten-free and vegan. Sriracha is known for its versatility, as it can be used as a condiment, a dipping sauce, or as an ingredient to add a kick to various dishes.
To make the honey sriracha sauce, simply combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the sauce has reduced slightly and thickened up. It takes about 5 minutes on the stove top. Once cooked, you can use the sauce right away or store it for later. It pairs well with baked or grilled chicken and wings as a glaze or dipping sauce. It also works great on roast potatoes and Brussels sprouts. The honey in the sauce helps reduce the spice level of the sriracha while adding delicious sweetness.
You can serve this honey sriracha sauce in various ways. It can be used as a dipping sauce for French fries or tater tots. You can also use it as a glaze for meats like chicken drumsticks or on chicken wings. The thickness of the sauce allows for versatility in how you choose to enjoy it. If you make a large batch of the sauce, you can store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
If you want to make a larger quantity of the honey sriracha sauce and freeze it for future use, that’s also possible. Simply cool the sauce to room temperature before pouring it into freezer-safe containers or ice cube trays. Freeze for up to 2 months. To use frozen sauce, heat it up until it’s bubbling. The honey may stiffen up in the refrigerator, so you may need to microwave it for a few seconds to make it liquidy again.
Many readers have tried this recipe and loved it. They have used the sauce on various dishes, including chicken and salmon. The combination of sriracha and honey creates a lightly spicy sauce that is not overwhelming but still adds a kick of flavor. The spiciness can be adjusted by adding more or less honey. Sriracha itself is made from red jalapeño-hybrid chili peppers mixed with vinegar, salt, garlic, and sugar.
Overall, this honey sriracha sauce is a simple and delicious addition to any meal. It’s easy to make with just a few ingredients, and its versatility allows for creative uses in various dishes. Whether as a glaze for chicken or a dipping sauce for fries, the combination of sweet and spicy flavors makes this sauce irresistible.
Ingredients Needed to Make Honey Sriracha Sauce
This sweet and spicy Honey Sriracha Sauce adds so much flavor to baked or grilled chicken and wings. Slather it on as a glaze or use it as a dipping sauce. The ingredients needed to make this sauce are:
- Honey – You want to select a good quality honey, preferably one that is fresh and in liquid form.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted is fine, whatever you have on hand.
- Soy sauce – It’s recommended to use lite soy sauce, as it has less sodium.
- Sriracha – This popular hot sauce adds heat and tanginess to the sauce.
- Vinegar – Adds acidity and tanginess.
Mix together all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Once done, you can use it right away or store it for later use. Enjoy!
How to Make It
Making honey sriracha sauce is simple and quick. Here’s how:
1. Gather the ingredients: You will need honey, butter, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, and garlic powder.
2. Mix the ingredients: In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients together.
3. Heat and simmer: Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Thicken the sauce: The sauce should reduce slightly and thicken up during simmering.
5. Serve or store: You can use the sauce right away as a glaze or dipping sauce for chicken, wings, shrimp, potatoes, or brussels sprouts. If storing it for later use, transfer it to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
That’s it! Now you have a delicious honey sriracha sauce ready to add flavor to your favorite dishes.
Ways to Serve Honey Sriracha Sauce
This versatile Honey Sriracha Sauce can be used in a variety of ways to add flavor and spice to your dishes. Here are some delicious ideas:
1. Glaze for Chicken: Brush the sauce on baked or grilled chicken for a sweet and spicy glaze.
2. Dipping Sauce: Serve it as a dipping sauce for chicken wings, French fries, or tater tots.
3. Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts: Drizzle the sauce over roasted potatoes or Brussels sprouts for an extra kick of flavor.
4. Marinade: Use the sauce as a marinade for chicken tenders or shrimp before grilling or baking.
5. Condiment: Spread the sauce on sandwiches or burgers for added flavor.
6. Stir-fry Sauce: Add the sauce to stir-fried vegetables or meats for a spicy and tangy twist.
7. Salad Dressing: Mix the sauce with olive oil and vinegar to create a unique salad dressing.
8. Pizza Topping: Drizzle the sauce over pizza for a sweet and spicy kick.
9. Grilled Seafood: Use the sauce as a marinade or glaze for grilled salmon, shrimp, or scallops.
10. Veggie Dip: Serve the sauce as a dip for raw vegetables like carrots, celery, and bell peppers.
The possibilities are endless with this irresistible Honey Sriracha Sauce!
How to Store Leftover Sauce
To store leftover Honey Sriracha Sauce, transfer it to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 10 days. The sauce may become slightly thicker in the refrigerator, so you may need to heat it for a few seconds in the microwave to make it more liquidy before using again. If you want to make a large batch of sauce and freeze it for future use, allow it to cool to room temperature before pouring it into a freezer-safe container or ice cube tray. It can be frozen for up to 2 months. To use frozen sauce, simply heat it up until bubbling in a pan.
What Our Readers Are Saying
“We love this sauce on everything from chicken to salmon! It is our go-to favorite sauce and so easy!” – Pam G
“I want to put this sauce on eeeeverything! It’s perfectly sweet and spicy, and SO delicious!” – Jessica F
“You had me at Sriracha. This sauce is delicious. My family loves it!” – Nart
“This honey sriracha sauce recipe was a game-changer for my weekly meal prep. The addition of honey really mellows out the spice, and the sauce has a nice consistency that’s easy to drizzle.” – Unknown
“I can’t get enough of this honey sriracha sauce! I’ve been putting it on everything!! It’s delicious and so easy!” – Unknown
“I made this honey sriracha sauce to go with some grilled shrimp, and it was a hit!” – Unknown
Other Things to Try This Sauce On
This Honey Sriracha Sauce is incredibly versatile and can be used in various ways to add a burst of flavor to your dishes. Here are some ideas:
1. Grilled or Baked Chicken: Slather the sauce on chicken pieces before grilling or baking for a sweet and spicy glaze.
2. Chicken Wings: Toss cooked chicken wings in the sauce for a sticky and flavorful coating.
3. Shrimp: Use as a marinade or drizzle over grilled shrimp for a delicious twist.
4. Roast Potatoes: Brush the sauce onto roasted potatoes for an extra kick of flavor.
5. Brussels Sprouts: Coat roasted Brussels sprouts with the sauce for a unique and tasty side dish.
6. Dipping Sauce: Serve the sauce as a dip for French fries, tater tots, or other finger foods.
7. Glaze for Meats: Use it as a glaze for meats like chicken drumsticks or pork chops.
8. Sandwiches: Spread the sauce on sandwiches or burgers for added flavor.
9. Stir-Fries: Add a spoonful of the sauce to stir-fried vegetables or noodles to elevate the flavors.
Note: Feel free to get creative and experiment with different dishes to see what works best with this irresistible Honey Sriracha Sauce!
In conclusion, honey sriracha sauce is a versatile and flavorful condiment that adds a perfect balance of sweetness and heat to any dish. Its unique combination of honey and sriracha creates a delicious fusion that complements various cuisines. Whether used as a dipping sauce, marinade, or glaze, this condiment offers a delightful explosion of flavors for those seeking a bold taste experience.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!