“Master the art of grilling tender and juicy steak tips with our expert guide. Learn essential techniques, from marinating to perfect searing, and elevate your backyard BBQ game to a whole new level of deliciousness. Get ready to savor mouthwatering steak tips that will impress every time you fire up the grill.”
WHAT ARE STEAK TIPS?
Steak tips are small pieces of steak that are cut from various parts of the beef, such as sirloin, flap, round, or tenderloin. They are typically taken from the ends of these cuts and are known for their tenderness and flavor. Steak tips are a popular choice for grilling as they cook up quickly and retain their juiciness. They are also budget-friendly, making them a great option for any dinner menu.
When cooked to perfection on the grill, steak tips become tender and flavorful. In this recipe, the steak tips are slathered in a tasty garlic and herb butter and topped with toasted garlic chips for an extra crunch. The combination of flavors creates an incredibly delicious meal that is perfect for entertaining guests or enjoying a quick dinner at home.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply heat them in a skillet with some butter over medium heat until heated through. You can also cut the steak into smaller pieces to heat them faster.
INGREDIENTS FOR GARLIC BUTTER STEAK TIPS:
Sirloin steak tips
Parsley (for garnish)
HOW TO GRILL GARLIC BUTTER STEAK TIPS:
To grill garlic butter steak tips, start by preparing a grill fire to about 400° with hickory or pecan chunks for added smoke flavor. Pat the steak tips dry and place them on a baking sheet. Spray or brush them with olive oil and sprinkle them with a steak rub of your choice, making sure to coat all sides.
Next, thinly slice some garlic cloves using a mandoline or sharp knife. Melt butter in a small skillet over low heat and add the garlic slices. Cook the garlic slices, stirring often, until they are lightly browned and toasted. Be careful not to leave the garlic unattended as it can burn quickly.
Remove the garlic slices from heat and place them in a bowl. Add ground rosemary, salt, and pepper to the remaining butter in the skillet and mix well to combine.
Now it’s time to cook the steak tips on the grill. Place them over indirect heat with the grill closed for about 3 minutes. Flip the steak tips and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes until they reach your desired doneness. It is recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure accurate cooking.
Once cooked, remove the steak tips from the grill and top them with parsley and the toasted garlic chips. Serve immediately and enjoy this delicious grilled dish!
INTERNAL TEMPERATURES FOR STEAK TIPS:
When cooking steak tips, it is important to cook them to the desired internal temperature to ensure they are cooked to your liking. Here are some recommended internal temperatures for steak tips:
Rare: 125°F – The steak will have a cool red center.
Medium Rare: 135°F – The steak will have a warm red center and a slightly firmer texture.
Medium: 145°F – The steak will have a pink center and a firmer texture.
Medium Well: 155°F – The steak will have a slight hint of pink in the center and a firm texture.
Well Done: 160°F+ – The steak will be fully cooked with no pink color and will have a firm texture throughout.
It is important to note that these are just general guidelines and personal preference may vary. Using an instant-read thermometer is the most accurate way to determine the internal temperature of your steak tips. Remember to let the meat rest for a few minutes before slicing or serving to allow the juices to redistribute.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT:
After enjoying your delicious garlic butter steak tips, you may have some leftovers. To store them, simply place any remaining steak tips in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
When you’re ready to reheat the steak tips, there are a couple of options. One method is to heat them in a skillet with some butter over medium heat. Stir the steak tips frequently until they are heated through.
If you prefer a quicker option, you can cut the steak into smaller pieces before reheating. This will allow them to heat up faster in the skillet.
Regardless of which method you choose, be sure to keep an eye on the steak tips as they reheat. You want to make sure they are heated evenly without overcooking them.
Once the steak tips are warmed through, they are ready to be enjoyed again. Serve them as is or use them as a topping for salads or sandwiches for a quick and tasty meal.
GRILLING FACTS FOR STEAK TIPS:
– Steak tips are a versatile cut of meat that can be grilled to perfection. Whether they are cut from sirloin, flap, round, or tenderloin, they are a great option for grilling.
– The key to grilling steak tips is to cook them over indirect heat with the grill closed. This allows the meat to cook evenly and retain its juiciness.
– It is important to pat the steak tips dry before grilling and season them with a flavorful rub. This helps to enhance the taste of the meat.
– To add an extra burst of flavor, slather the steak tips with a tasty garlic and herb butter. This adds richness and depth to the dish.
– For added crunch and texture, top the steak tips with toasted garlic chips. These crispy garlic slices elevate the dish and make it more enjoyable to eat.
– Steak tips can be served as a quick dinner option or as a dish for entertaining guests. They are easy to prepare and always impresses with their tenderness and flavor.
– Leftover steak tips can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They can easily be reheated in a skillet with butter over medium heat.
– Grilled corn on the cob, grilled asparagus, air fryer roasted potatoes, or garlic butter potatoes made in foil packets on the grill are all excellent side dishes options to serve alongside steak tips.
MORE DELICIOUS GRILLED STEAK RECIPES:
If you’re looking for more mouthwatering grilled steak recipes, we’ve got you covered. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Grilled Ribeye Steak: This classic cut of meat is seasoned with a simple blend of salt, pepper, and garlic powder before being grilled to perfection. The result is a juicy and flavorful steak that will impress any steak lover.
2. Marinated Flank Steak: Flank steak is marinated in a tangy mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and lime juice before hitting the grill. The marinade infuses the meat with incredible flavor and helps to tenderize it for a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
3. T-Bone Steak with Chimichurri Sauce: T-bone steaks are seasoned with salt and pepper and then grilled to your desired doneness. They are then topped with a vibrant and herbaceous chimichurri sauce made from fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.
4. Grilled Filet Mignon: Filet mignon is often considered the king of steaks due to its tenderness and buttery texture. It is seasoned simply with salt and pepper before being seared on the grill for a delicious crust. Serve it with a side of creamy mashed potatoes for the ultimate indulgent meal.
No matter which recipe you choose, grilling steak at home is a surefire way to impress your guests or enjoy a special meal with your loved ones. So fire up the grill and get ready to savor every bite of these delicious grilled steak recipes!
Steak tips are a delicious and easy grilling recipe that you can make at home. Made with sirloin steak, these juicy and flavorful pieces of meat are cooked to perfection on the grill. They are then slathered in a tasty garlic and herb butter and topped with toasted garlic chips for an extra burst of flavor. This quick dinner option is not only great for a weeknight meal but also perfect for entertaining guests.
What makes steak tips so great is that they can be cut from various parts of the cow, such as the sirloin, flap, round, or even tenderloin. This versatility makes them a budget-friendly option to add to your dinner menu. The steak tips cook up tender and flavorful, making them a favorite among steak lovers.
To serve alongside your steak tips, consider options like air fryer roasted potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, or grilled asparagus. Another delicious side dish idea is garlic butter potatoes made in a foil packet on the grill.
If you’re looking for an affordable yet delicious steak recipe, give this Garlic Butter Steak Tips recipe a try. The flavors are incredibly delicious, and it’s a quick and easy recipe that you can enjoy any night of the week.
– Sirloin steak tips
– Garlic and herb butter
– Toasted garlic chips
– Steak rub: Brown sugar, granulated garlic, chili powder, dried thyme, smoked paprika, kosher salt, pepper
– Olive oil
1. Preheat your grill to about 400° with hickory or pecan chunks for added smoke flavor.
2. Place the sirloin steak tips on a baking sheet and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. Spray or brush the steak tips with olive oil, then sprinkle them with the steak rub, making sure to coat all sides evenly.
4. In a small skillet, melt butter over low heat. Thinly slice the garlic cloves using a mandoline or sharp knife.
5. Add the garlic slices to the melted butter and cook, stirring often, until they are lightly browned and toasted. Be careful not to burn the garlic as it can quickly turn bitter.
6. Remove the garlic chips from the heat and place them in a separate bowl.
7. Stir ground rosemary, salt, and pepper into the remaining butter in the skillet to create an herb butter mixture.
8. Cook the steak tips over indirect heat on the preheated grill for about 3 minutes with the grill closed.
9. Flip the steak tips and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes, or until they reach your desired level of doneness (we recommend pulling them at around 130° for medium-rare).
10. Once cooked to your liking, remove the steak tips from the grill and top them with parsley and the toasted garlic chips.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: Leftover steak tips can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply heat them in a skillet with butter over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. For faster heating, you can cut the steak into bite-sized pieces before reheating.
– Steak tips can be cut from various cuts of beef such as sirloin, flap, round, or tenderloin. Choose your preferred cut for this recipe.
– The garlic and herb butter adds a delicious flavor to the steak tips. Be sure to slather it on generously before grilling.
– Toasted garlic chips are a tasty addition to this dish. Keep an eye on them while cooking as they can burn quickly.
– Leftover steak tips can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them in a skillet with butter over medium heat until heated through.
– Serve these steak tips with your choice of side dishes such as air fryer roasted potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, or grilled asparagus.
– For a budget-friendly option, this recipe is a great choice. It offers delicious flavors and is quick and easy to prepare.
– Don’t forget to leave a comment and a five-star review if you enjoyed this recipe.
INTERNAL TEMPERATURES FOR STEAK TIPS:
When grilling steak tips, it is important to cook them to the proper internal temperature to ensure they are cooked to your desired level of doneness. Here are some guidelines for steak tip temperatures:
Rare: 125°F – The center of the steak will be bright red and the outside will be browned.
Medium Rare: 135°F – The center of the steak will be pink and warm, with a slightly browned crust.
Medium: 145°F – The center of the steak will be pink and slightly firm, with a browned crust.
Medium Well: 155°F – The center of the steak will have only a hint of pink and will be firm, with a well-browned crust.
Well Done: 160°F+ – The center of the steak will be completely cooked through, with little to no pink remaining.
It is important to note that these temperatures are just guidelines, and personal preference may vary. Use a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the steak to accurately determine its internal temperature. Let the steak rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
The nutritional information for this Garlic Butter Steak Tips recipe is estimated and may not be accurate. Here is a general breakdown of the nutritional values per serving:
- Calories: Approximately 300-400 calories
- Protein: Approximately 20-30 grams
- Fat: Approximately 20-30 grams
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 5-10 grams
- Sugar: Less than 1 gram
- Sodium: Varies depending on the amount of salt used in the rub and butter
Please note that these values can vary based on the specific ingredients and portion sizes used. It’s always best to refer to the nutrition labels of the specific products you use for a more accurate calculation.
This recipe yields a delicious and flavorful dish of grilled sirloin steak tips slathered in garlic and herb butter, topped with toasted garlic chips. It is a quick and easy dinner option that is perfect for entertaining guests. The steak tips are tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. Serve them alongside roasted potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, or grilled asparagus for a complete meal. This recipe is budget-friendly and can be made any night of the week. Store any leftover steak tips in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This recipe serves 4 people.
Steak tips are a delicious and easy grilling recipe that is perfect for entertaining guests or a quick weeknight dinner. In this recipe, sirloin steak tips are grilled to perfection and topped with a flavorful garlic and herb butter. The addition of toasted garlic chips adds an extra layer of crunch and flavor to the dish. These steak tips are tender, juicy, and full of delicious flavors that will leave you wanting more. They are also budget-friendly, making them a great option for adding to your dinner menu.
We recommend serving these steak tips with air fryer roasted potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, or grilled asparagus as side dishes. Another tasty option is to make garlic butter potatoes in a foil packet on the grill. These sides complement the flavors of the steak tips perfectly and create a well-rounded meal.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply heat them in a skillet with butter over medium heat until heated through. You can also cut the steak into smaller pieces to heat up faster.
Please note that the nutritional information provided is estimated and may not be entirely accurate.
This recipe has received positive feedback from many who have tried it. One reviewer mentioned that it was one of the easiest and tastiest quick meat dishes they had tried all year. The combination of juicy steak, flavorful garlic and herb butter, and toasted garlic chips created a delicious meal that exceeded their expectations.
In summary, grilling steak tips to perfection requires proper seasoning, preheating the grill, precise cooking times, and allowing the meat to rest before serving. By following these simple steps, you can enjoy mouthwatering and tender steak tips every time you fire up the grill. Happy grilling!
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!