“Deliciously Crispy and Healthy: Discover the Perfect Air Fryer Stuffing Recipes for a Mouthwatering Twist on Classic Comfort Food!”
Air Fryer Stuffing
This recipe for air fryer stuffing takes traditional holiday stuffing to the next level. Made with savory sausage, bold herbs, and a splash of cream, this stuffing is cooked in the air fryer for a crispy exterior and a soft interior. Not only does it taste amazing, but it also requires minimal prep time and cooks in under 30 minutes. Cleanup is also a breeze. Whether you’re looking to spice up your Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner or impress your family with a delicious smoked turkey or tri-tip, this stuffing recipe is one you’ll want to keep coming back to.
To make the stuffing, start by cooking the onion and celery until they’re soft. Then add the herbs and spices. In a separate bowl, combine bread cubes, vegetables, and sausage. In another bowl, mix together broth, melted butter, half and half, and eggs. Pour this mixture over the bread mixture. Finally, cook the stuffing in the air fryer at 350°F until golden brown on top.
The key to making the best air fryer stuffing is using bread with a neutral flavor and tight crumb. Classic white bread or brioche work well for this recipe. You can also get creative and use cornbread or poundcake for a sweet twist. Adding sausage gives the stuffing a savory kick, while cream or half and half adds richness. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper to enhance the flavors.
This recipe serves 3-4 people, but you can easily double it if needed. You can also prepare the stuffing mixture in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days before cooking it. Just make sure to use a pan that fits your air fryer basket.
Why This Recipe Works
This air fryer stuffing recipe takes traditional stuffing to the next level by adding savory sausage and a splash of cream. The high temperatures of the air fryer ensure a crispy exterior while keeping the inside soft and flavorful. One of the major advantages of this recipe is its quick cooking time, requiring minimal prep and ready in under 30 minutes. Cleanup is also minimal, making it a win-win for busy holiday dinners.
The combination of bread, butter, onion, celery, and spices creates a delicious and classic stuffing flavor. The addition of sausage adds a savory kick, while the cream or half and half gives it a creamy texture. The mixture is then poured over bread cubes that have been dried out in the oven for added crispiness. Cooking at 350°F ensures a golden brown top with a fluffy interior.
This air fryer stuffing can be easily reheated by placing it back in the air fryer at 380°F for 5-10 minutes until heated through and crispy on the outside. It pairs well with any roast dinner but can also be enjoyed on its own as a tasty side dish.
This air fryer stuffing recipe requires the following ingredients:
- Ground sausage
- Celery ribs
- Salt and black pepper
- Bread cubes
- Chicken broth
- Cream or half and half
To make this air fryer stuffing, follow these steps:
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat and move to a mixing bowl.
- Add the onions, celery, garlic, sage, thyme, pepper, and salt to the skillet. Cook until they are soft.
- Transfer the mixture from the skillet to the bowl with the sausage. Add bread cubes to the bowl and toss them with the sausage and veggies.In a separate large bowl, whisk together chicken broth, cream (or half-and-half), melted butter, and egg.Pour the liquid mixture over the bread mixture in the bowl. Use a large spoon to fold everything together until well combined. Let it sit for about 10-30 minutes for bread cubes to soak up the liquid.
Grease a baking dish that fits your air fryer basket. Transfer the stuffing mix into the dish. If there is any leftover liquid in the bowl, drizzle it over the top of the stuffing.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and cook it in an air fryer at 350°F for about15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the top is brown and crisp.
Let the stuffing cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
How To Make It
To make air fryer stuffing, start by browning the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Once browned, transfer the sausage to a mixing bowl. In the same skillet, cook the onions and celery until they are soft. Stir in garlic, sage, thyme, pepper, and salt and cook for an additional minute before transferring the mixture to the bowl with the sausage.
Add bread cubes to the bowl with the sausage and vegetables and toss to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together chicken broth, cream, melted butter, and eggs. Pour this mixture over the bread mixture and use a large spoon to fold everything together.
Let the mixture sit for 10-30 minutes to allow the bread cubes to soak up the liquid. Grease a 7-inch baking dish and transfer the stuffing mixture to it. If there is any remaining liquid in the bowl, drizzle it over the top of the stuffing. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place it in your air fryer.
Cook at 350°F for 15 minutes with the foil on. Then remove the foil and continue cooking for an additional 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on top. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips For Success
1. Use bread with a neutral flavor, tight crumb, and slight sweetness for the best results.
2. Brown the sausage before mixing it with the other ingredients to add depth and richness to the stuffing.
3. Chop the onion and celery finely to ensure even cooking and distribution of flavors.
4. Season the stuffing mixture well with salt, black pepper, and dried herbs for optimal flavor.
5. Let the bread cubes soak in the liquid mixture for at least 10 minutes to ensure they are properly moistened.
6. Grease your baking dish or air fryer tray to prevent sticking and achieve a crispy texture on the outside of the stuffing.
7. Cover the baking dish or air fryer tray with aluminum foil during part of the cooking process to retain moisture and prevent burning.
8. Let the stuffing cool for a few minutes before serving to allow it to set and become easier to handle.
9. Feel free to customize this recipe by adding additional ingredients such as orange zest or dried cranberries for a festive touch.
In conclusion, air fryer stuffing offers a quick and convenient way to achieve crispy and flavorful results. With its ability to reduce oil usage and cooking time, it presents a healthier alternative without compromising on taste. Whether for holiday feasts or everyday meals, air fryer stuffing is a delicious addition that will surely impress your guests.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!