Indulge in the perfect blend of sweet and spicy with our delectable Honey Sriracha Shrimp. Succulent shrimp marinated in a mouthwatering combination of honey and sriracha sauce, offering a tantalizing burst of flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Experience the delightful harmony of heat and sweetness in every bite.
Delicious Honey Sriracha Shrimp
Honey Sriracha Shrimp is a mouthwatering dish that combines the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavors. The honey sriracha sauce elevates the shrimp to a whole new level, creating a tantalizing taste experience. Whether you’re craving something with a kick or simply looking for a delicious shrimp dish, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
The secret to the incredible flavor of this dish lies in the honey sriracha sauce. Made with a combination of red chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt, sriracha sauce offers a unique blend of heat, tanginess, sweetness, and umami. Despite its reputation for being super spicy, when combined with honey and butter in this recipe, the heat level becomes milder while still retaining all the delicious flavor.
Creating this delectable dish is quick and easy. Simply cook the shrimp in olive oil until they are opaque and then coat them in the homemade honey sriracha sauce. The sauce can be adjusted to your preferred spice level by adding more honey if needed. Serve the shrimp on their own as an appetizer or as part of a main course with rice or fried cabbage for a satisfying meal.
What is Sriracha?
Sriracha is a popular hot sauce that originated in Thailand and has gained worldwide recognition for its distinctive flavor and spiciness. It is made primarily from red chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt, resulting in a delicious combination of heat, tanginess, sweetness, and umami. The sauce has a thick consistency and a vibrant red color. It is gluten-free and vegan.
To make honey sriracha shrimp, start by cooking the shrimp in a pan with olive oil until they are opaque. In a separate saucepan, combine sriracha, honey, butter, soy sauce, and lemon juice and let it simmer until slightly thickened. Pour the sauce over the cooked shrimp in the pan and stir until all the shrimp are coated. Reserve any remaining sauce for dipping or other uses. Serve the honey sriracha shrimp on a bed of rice or with fried cabbage for a delicious meal.
Is it Super Spicy?
The honey sriracha shrimp sauce in this recipe is not super spicy. While sriracha itself is known for its spiciness, when combined with honey and butter, the heat level becomes mild. The sauce has a delicious balance of flavors, with just the right amount of spiciness, tanginess, sweetness, and umami. It’s not overpowering but still adds a nice kick to the dish.
If you find that the sauce is still too spicy for your liking, you can easily adjust the heat level by adding more honey to sweeten it. This allows you to customize the sauce to your preferred level of spiciness without losing any of its incredible flavor.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make Honey Sriracha Shrimp, you will need the following ingredients:
- Shrimp – You can use any size shrimp you want for this recipe. I’ve used really large shrimp like 21/30 and smaller sizes like 51/60.
- Sauce ingredients – Sriracha, honey, butter, soy sauce, and lemon juice.
- Olive oil – You only need a small amount of oil to cook the shrimp. Olive oil adds extra flavor, but any cooking oil can be used.
Make sure to reserve some of the sauce for dipping or drizzling over the top of the shrimp. It’s also nice to have extra sauce to mix in with rice if serving as a side dish.
How to Make Honey Sriracha Shrimp
To make honey sriracha shrimp, start by heating olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side until they are opaque. Season with salt and pepper.
While the shrimp is cooking, combine all of the sauce ingredients – sriracha, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, and butter – into a pan. Stir everything together and let it bubble for a minute before reducing the heat to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Once the shrimp is cooked, pour the sauce over them in the pan. Coat the shrimp evenly with the sauce by stirring them together. Reserve any remaining sauce for dipping or other uses.
Serve the honey sriracha shrimp on its own or on a bed of rice or fried cabbage for a low-carb option. It pairs well with side dishes like broccoli, brussels sprouts, or a shaved asparagus salad.
If there is leftover sauce, store it in a container with a lid in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. The versatile honey sriracha sauce can be used in various recipes and as a condiment or dipping sauce.
Enjoy this delicious sweet and spicy dish that takes your shrimp to another level!
Make the Sauce
To make the honey sriracha sauce, combine all of the sauce ingredients – Sriracha, honey, butter, soy sauce, and lemon juice – into a pan. Stir it all together and let it bubble for a minute before lowering the heat to a simmer. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, until bubbly and slightly thickened.
In a pan over medium-low heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot. When it’s ready, add the shrimp and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, depending on their size. They should be opaque when they are done. Season with salt and pepper.
When the shrimp is cooked, pour the honey sriracha sauce over it in the pan. Stir it until all the shrimp are coated in a nice amount of sauce. You can reserve any remaining sauce for dipping or to use for something else if there’s a lot left over.
Cook the Shrimp
To cook the shrimp, start by heating a pan over medium-low heat and adding olive oil. Let it get hot before adding the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for about 3-4 minutes per side, depending on their size. They should be opaque when they are done. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Coat the Shrimp in Sauce
To coat the shrimp in sauce, start by cooking the shrimp in a pan over medium-low heat with some olive oil. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes per side until they are opaque. Season with salt and pepper.
While the shrimp is cooking, combine all of the sauce ingredients – Sriracha, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, and butter – in a pan. Stir it all together and let it bubble for a minute before lowering the heat to a simmer. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened.
When the shrimp is done cooking, pour the sauce over them in the pan. Coat the shrimp in a nice amount of sauce by stirring it until all the shrimp are coated. You can reserve any leftover sauce for dipping or to use for another dish.
This honey sriracha sauce adds a sticky sweetness and mild spiciness to the shrimp, taking it to the next level. It’s easy to make and pairs well with rice or fried cabbage. The leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and used as a condiment or ingredient in other dishes.
What to Serve With Honey Sriracha Shrimp
Honey Sriracha Shrimp is a versatile dish that can be paired with a variety of sides to create a complete meal. Here are some delicious options:
1. Rice: Serve the honey sriracha shrimp over a bed of fluffy white rice or brown rice. The sauce from the shrimp adds flavor and moisture to the rice, making it an excellent choice for soaking up all the deliciousness.
2. Noodles: Pair the shrimp with noodles like fettuccine or rice noodles for a satisfying and filling meal. The combination of the sweet and spicy shrimp with the tender noodles creates a perfect balance of flavors and textures.
3. Stir-Fried Vegetables: Add some vibrant colors and crunch to your meal by serving honey sriracha shrimp with stir-fried vegetables like broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, and snap peas. The fresh vegetables provide a refreshing contrast to the rich and flavorful shrimp.
4. Salad: For a lighter option, serve the honey sriracha shrimp on top of a crisp green salad. The sweetness of the shrimp pairs well with tangy dressings like vinaigrette or creamy avocado dressing.
5. Grilled Vegetables: Fire up the grill and cook some asparagus, zucchini, or corn on the cob alongside the honey sriracha shrimp. The smoky charred flavors of grilled vegetables complement the spicy sweetness of the shrimp perfectly.
6. Coleslaw: A creamy coleslaw made with shredded cabbage, carrots, and mayonnaise-based dressing provides a cool and refreshing contrast to the heat of the honey sriracha shrimp. It’s an ideal side dish for those who enjoy a bit of creaminess in their meals.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but feel free to get creative and experiment with different sides to find your perfect combination. The versatility of honey sriracha shrimp allows you to create a well-rounded and satisfying meal every time.
Tips and Notes
– When selecting shrimp for this recipe, you can use any size you prefer. Larger shrimp like 21/30 or smaller sizes like 51/60 both work well.
– Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, as they can become dry and rubbery. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are opaque.
– Reserve some of the sauce to use as a dipping sauce or to drizzle over the top of the shrimp. It adds extra flavor and is great mixed in with rice if serving with the dish.
How to Store Extra Sauce
If you have extra sauce remaining, you can reserve it in a container with a lid and put it in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. This honey sriracha sauce is versatile and can be used for so many different things. It makes a great dipping sauce for chicken wings or as a marinade for grilled meats. You can also drizzle it over roasted vegetables or use it as a glaze for salmon or shrimp skewers. The possibilities are endless!
In conclusion, honey sriracha shrimp offers a delectable combination of sweet and spicy flavors. This dish is not only delicious but also quick and easy to prepare. Whether as an appetizer or main course, it is sure to impress your taste buds. Don’t miss out on the perfect balance of tangy sriracha heat and the natural sweetness of honey in this mouthwatering shrimp recipe.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!