“Deliciously grilled and succulent, discover the ultimate Split Chicken Breast Grill recipe. Indulge in tender and juicy chicken breasts, expertly seasoned and perfectly cooked to perfection. Elevate your grilling game with this mouthwatering dish that will leave you craving for more. Get ready to savor every bite of this delightful culinary creation.”
How to Grill Split Chicken Breasts
Grilling split chicken breasts can be a challenge, but with the right technique, you can achieve juicy and flavorful results. The key is to use a zone temperature method on your gas grill. Start by preheating one half of the grill on high heat and the other half on medium-low heat. This allows you to control different temperatures for cooking.
Once the grill is properly heated, place the chicken breasts skin side down on the high heat side. Keep a squirt bottle filled with water nearby to combat any flare-ups caused by the fat in the chicken skin. Grill for about 4-5 minutes with the lid open, mainly browning the skin.
Next, move the chicken breasts over to the cooler side of the grill, still keeping them skin side down. Close the lid and grill for about 6-7 minutes. Then, turn the chicken breasts over using tongs and move them back to the hot side of the grill. Cook bone side down for another 6-7 minutes with the lid open.
To ensure they are cooked through, you can use an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast without hitting a bone. Look for a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. If they need more time, continue grilling on the cooler side with bone side down and check every 6 minutes until done.
Finally, remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for about 5-8 minutes before serving. This allows juices to redistribute and ensures tender and moist meat. Serve your perfectly grilled split chicken breasts and enjoy!
– Split chicken breasts
– Dry rub or marinade (optional)
– Water in a squirt bottle
– Barbecue sauce (optional)
– Preheat one half of your grill on high heat and the other half on medium-low.
– Once the grill is properly heated, place the chicken breasts skin side down on the high heat side. Use a squirt bottle to control flare-ups.
– Grill the breasts skin side down for about 4 – 5 minutes with the lid open to brown the skin.
– Using tongs, move the chicken breasts over to the cooler side of the grill and keep them skin side down. Grill for about 6 – 7 minutes with the lid closed.
– Open the lid and use tongs to turn the chicken breasts over and move them back over to the hot side of the grill. Cook bone side down for about 6 – 7 minutes with the lid open.
– Move the chicken back over to the cooler side of the grill and continue to grill bone side down for about 6 – 7 minutes longer with the lid closed.
– Use an instant-read meat thermometer to test if they are done. The internal temperature should reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Remove the chicken from the grill, place on a plate, and let it rest for about 5 – 8 minutes before serving.
Grilled split chicken breasts are a healthy and nutritious option for a meal. They are a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body. Split chicken breasts also contain important vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, and zinc.
When grilling chicken breasts, it’s important to remove the skin before consuming if you’re watching your fat intake. The skin contains a significant amount of fat, which can increase the calorie content of the meat. However, if you enjoy the taste and texture of crispy chicken skin, it can be left on during grilling.
To keep the grilled split chicken breasts healthy, avoid using excessive amounts of marinades or sauces that are high in added sugars or sodium. Instead, opt for homemade marinades using fresh herbs, spices, and citrus juices. This will add flavor to the meat without adding unnecessary calories or unhealthy ingredients.
In conclusion, grilling split chicken breasts is a simple and delicious way to enjoy lean protein. With its tender and juicy results, this cooking method offers a healthy alternative without compromising on flavor. Whether seasoned with spices or marinated in your favorite sauce, grilled split chicken breasts are sure to satisfy any palate.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!