“Spice up your meals with our delightful stovetop chili! Bursting with rich flavors and hearty ingredients, our recipe promises a mouthwatering experience that will satisfy your cravings. Whether you prefer a mild or fiery kick, our stovetop chili is guaranteed to warm you up and leave you wanting more. Prepare to indulge in the ultimate comfort food that is quick, easy, and oh-so-delicious!”
Easy & Delicious Stovetop Chili Recipe
Stovetop Chili is a true comfort food, packed with meat, beans, and so much flavor. This recipe makes just 4 servings on the stovetop in just over 2 hours. It’s perfect for two people, with some leftover for another serving the next day. The ingredients in this chili work together in perfect harmony, with elements of spice, sweetness, acid, and fat.
Start by browning the ground beef and pork together in a skillet to develop flavor. Then add onion, celery, and garlic to further enhance the taste. The browning process adds an incredible amount of flavor to the meat. After browning the meat, add tomato paste and water to deglaze the skillet or pot and transfer everything to a stockpot.
Add all the remaining ingredients (except shredded cheese) to the pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. After an hour, do a taste test and adjust seasoning if needed. Continue simmering for up to an additional hour or until desired consistency is reached.
When ready to serve, top your chili with shredded cheese and any other toppings you desire. This chili pairs well with cornbread or garlic bread as a side dish. Enjoy this easy and delicious stovetop chili recipe!
Why So Many Ingredients?
This recipe includes quite a few ingredients, but it’s very much worth it in the end. The combination of spices, sweetness, acid, and fat creates a complex and delicious flavor profile that sets this chili apart. While some ingredients like oregano and beef bouillon cubes can be omitted without ruining the dish, they do add depth and richness to the overall taste. So don’t shy away from trying this recipe even if you don’t have all the spices on hand.
One of the most important ingredients in chili is the ground beef. Using high-quality meat, such as 100% grass-fed ground beef, adds a depth of flavor and quality to your dish. ButcherBox offers a convenient meat subscription service that delivers humanely raised meat to your door monthly. The peace of mind knowing that your meat is antibiotic-free and hormone-free adds an extra layer of satisfaction to your cooking experience.
Browning the ground beef and pork before adding other ingredients is essential for developing rich flavors in this chili recipe. The browning process caramelizes the meat, creating a depth of flavor that enhances the overall taste. It’s recommended to brown the meat in a large flat skillet or pot with ample surface space to ensure even browning.
This stovetop chili recipe requires at least an hour of simmering time to allow the flavors to meld together properly. However, for those who prefer more intense flavors, simmering for up to two hours can further enhance the taste. The longer cooking time allows all the ingredients to blend harmoniously, resulting in a more flavorful and satisfying chili.
This chili is delicious on its own, but it can be enhanced with various toppings and sides. Shredded cheese, sour cream, chives, and crispy onions are popular options for garnishing this dish. Additionally, serving cornbread or garlic bread as a side adds a complementary texture and flavor to the chili. Feel free to experiment with different toppings and sides to customize your chili experience.
How to Make Stovetop Chili
This stovetop chili recipe is easy and delicious, perfect for a cozy meal on a cold day. Here’s how you can make it:
1. Start by browning the ground beef and sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Break up the meat into small pieces as it cooks.
2. Once the meat is mostly cooked, add the onion, celery, and garlic to the skillet. Continue cooking until the meat is browned.
3. Stir in the tomato paste and mix well to combine with the meat mixture.
4. Transfer the meat mixture to a 3-quart stockpot or pot that you will use to make the chili.
5. Add all of the remaining ingredients (except for the shredded cheese) to the pot and stir well to combine.
6. Place a lid on the pot and cook over medium-low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
7. After an hour, taste test your chili and adjust seasonings if needed. You can add more salt or spice according to your preference.
8. Remove the lid from the pot and continue simmering on low heat for up to an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
9. Once your chili reaches your desired consistency and flavors have melded together, it’s ready to serve.
10. Top with shredded cheese and any other garnishes you like, such as sour cream, chives, or crispy onions.
This stovetop chili is perfect for enjoying with some cornbread or garlic bread on the side. It’s a comforting dish that’s packed with flavor!</p
This stovetop chili recipe is delicious on its own, but you can enhance the flavors and presentation by serving it with some suggested accompaniments. Here are a few serving suggestions:
1. Cornbread: Serve the chili with a side of quick and easy instant pot cornbread. The combination of the moist and slightly sweet cornbread with the hearty chili is a match made in comfort food heaven.
2. Shredded Cheese: Top your bowl of chili with some shredded cheddar cheese for an extra layer of creaminess and flavor. The melted cheese adds richness to every bite.
3. Sour Cream: A dollop of sour cream on top of the chili adds a cool and tangy element that balances out the heat from the spices. It also adds a creamy texture to each spoonful.
4. Chives: Sprinkle some fresh chopped chives over the chili for a pop of color and freshness. The mild onion flavor complements the savory flavors of the chili.
5. Crispy Onions: Add some crispy fried onions as a garnish to give your chili some crunch and texture. These flavorful onions add a delightful contrast to the tender meat and beans.
Feel free to mix and match these serving suggestions according to your preferences. You can also experiment with other toppings like jalapenos, avocado slices, or even a squeeze of lime juice for added zest!
In conclusion, stovetop chili is a versatile and flavorful dish that can be easily prepared in the comfort of your own kitchen. With its rich combination of spices and ingredients, it offers a satisfying meal option for both meat lovers and vegetarians. Whether you prefer it mild or spicy, stovetop chili is a crowd-pleaser that will surely warm your soul on any occasion.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!