“Delight in the irresistible flavors of Teriyaki Grilled Pork Chops. Succulent and juicy, these perfectly marinated chops offer a tantalizing blend of sweet and savory notes. Indulge your taste buds with this mouthwatering dish that promises to elevate your dining experience to new heights.”
Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chop
Indulge in the deliciousness of a perfectly grilled Teriyaki pork chop. This cooking style involves grilling or broiling the pork chop with Teriyaki sauce, resulting in a mouthwatering combination of salty and sweet flavors. The soy sauce and sugar in the Teriyaki sauce complement the pork chop beautifully.
For the best results, marinate the pork chops in a shallow dish with a thin version of the Teriyaki sauce for 1 to 24 hours. This allows the flavors to penetrate the meat and enhance its taste. When it’s time to grill, set up your grill for indirect cooking by lighting half of the burners on medium high or spreading lit coals on one side if using charcoal.
Grill the pork chops on direct heat with an open lid for approximately 4 minutes on each side, flipping them once. After flipping, baste the cooked side with thick Teriyaki sauce and continue grilling for another 3 minutes. Repeat this process, flipping and basting, for about 2 to 3 more minutes on each side. It is recommended to use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature reaches 140°F for optimal doneness.
– Pork chops (thickness of your choice)
– Teriyaki sauce (thin and thick)
– Soy sauce
– Optional: garlic, ginger, or other seasonings of your choice for marinade
In addition to the main ingredients, you may also want to gather some optional seasonings such as garlic, ginger, or other spices to enhance the flavor of the marinade. These can be added according to your personal taste preferences.
Note: The quantities of each ingredient will depend on the number of pork chops you are cooking and your desired flavor intensity. Adjust the measurements accordingly.
1. In a shallow dish, place the pork chops in a single layer and pour the thin Teriyaki sauce over them. Make sure the chops are fully coated. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours, to allow the flavors to marinate.
2. Preheat your grill for indirect cooking. If using a gas grill, light half of the burners to medium-high heat and leave the others off. If using charcoal, spread the lit coals in one layer on one side of the grill.
3. Once the grill is heated, place the marinated pork chops directly over direct heat with the lid open. Grill for about 4 minutes on one side, then flip the chop.
4. Baste the cooked side of each chop with the thick Teriyaki sauce and continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Flip again and baste this side as well. Cook for approximately 2 to 3 more minutes on each side, basting every time you flip.
5. To ensure that your pork chops are cooked thoroughly, use an instant-read thermometer and cook them until they reach an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C). Thinner chops may only need about 5 minutes per side total.
Teriyaki pork chops can be a tasty addition to your meal, but it’s important to consider the nutritional content. One serving of teriyaki pork chop typically contains around 250 calories. It also provides about 20 grams of protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair.
However, it’s worth noting that teriyaki sauce often contains added sugars and sodium. This can contribute to higher calorie and sodium intake. One serving of teriyaki pork chop may contain around 10 grams of sugar and 800 milligrams of sodium.
If you’re watching your sugar or sodium intake, it’s important to be mindful of the amount of teriyaki sauce used in the marinade and basting. Alternatively, you can opt for a low-sodium or homemade version of teriyaki sauce to control the amount of added sugars and sodium in your dish.
In conclusion, teriyaki grilled pork chops offer a delicious and flavorful option for those seeking a unique twist on traditional pork dishes. The combination of the rich teriyaki marinade and the smoky grill flavor creates a mouthwatering experience that is sure to satisfy any palate. Whether enjoyed as a main course or added to salads or rice bowls, teriyaki grilled pork chops are a versatile and delectable choice for any meal.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!