“Indulge in the ultimate Thanksgiving delight with our mouthwatering Thanksgiving Sandwich. Packed with all the classic flavors of the holiday, this delectable creation is a perfect blend of tender turkey, savory stuffing, tangy cranberry sauce, and creamy mayo – all nestled between two slices of fresh bread. Experience the taste of gratitude in every bite!”
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich
Looking for a delicious way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers? Look no further than the ultimate Thanksgiving turkey sandwich. This mouthwatering creation is stuffed with brie cheese, turkey slices, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, then slathered with rich turkey gravy. It’s a flavor explosion that brings together all the classic Thanksgiving flavors in one bite.
To make this sandwich, start with a soft hoagie roll as the base. Layer on thin slices of brie cheese, followed by generous portions of leftover turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing. Top it off with the other half of the hoagie roll and wrap it in tin foil. Pop it in the oven and let it cook for 20 minutes.
While the sandwich is baking, heat up some leftover gravy on the stovetop or in the microwave. When the sandwiches are done, remove them from the foil and serve them hot with a side of gravy for dipping or pour the gravy directly over the sandwich.
Ingredients You’ll Need
1. Hoagie Rolls – We recommend Pepperidge Farms, Franz, or Sara Lee Soft Hoagie rolls for their soft and wide shape that can fit all the ingredients.
2. Turkey Gravy – Use leftover gravy from your Thanksgiving dinner or make some with chicken stock. You can also use a packet of dried gravy granules.
3. Brie Cheese – Thinly sliced brie cheese adds a creamy and rich flavor to the sandwich. If you don’t like brie, you can substitute it with any creamy or soft melting cheese like camembert, swiss, or provolone.
4. Turkey Slices – Leftover turkey slices from your Thanksgiving meal are perfect for this sandwich.
5. Cranberry Sauce – Add a tangy and sweet element to the sandwich by using leftover cranberry sauce.
6. Stuffing – Use leftover stuffing from your Thanksgiving dinner to add texture and flavor to the sandwich.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Place the hoagie rolls on a baking sheet and slice them open lengthwise.
3. Layer the bottom half of each roll with brie cheese slices.
4. Add turkey slices on top of the brie cheese.
5. Spread cranberry sauce evenly over the turkey slices.
6. Spoon stuffing onto the cranberry sauce layer.
7. Place the top half of each roll on top of the stuffing layer to form a sandwich.
8.Wrap each sandwich tightly in aluminum foil and place them on the baking sheet.
9. Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
10. While the sandwiches are baking, heat up the turkey gravy on the stovetop or in a microwave-safe bowl.
11. Remove the sandwiches from the oven and unwrap them from the aluminum foil.
12. Serve the sandwiches hot with the gravy either poured inside or on the side as a dipping sauce.
Note: Feel free to customize this sandwich by using different types of bread, adding additional toppings like lettuce or sliced tomatoes, or adjusting ingredient quantities to your preference.
How to Make the Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich
If you’re wondering what to do with all the leftovers from your Thanksgiving dinner, look no further than this ultimate Turkey sandwich. Packed with brie cheese, turkey slices, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, and slathered with rich turkey gravy, this sandwich is a delicious way to enjoy all the flavors of Thanksgiving in one bite.
To make the sandwich, start by placing brie cheese slices on the bottom bun of a soft hoagie roll. Layer on turkey slices, cranberry sauce, and stuffing. Top it off with the other half of the roll. Wrap each sandwich in tin foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up the gravy on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Once the sandwiches are cooked, remove them from their foil and serve them hot with the gravy either poured inside or on the side as a dipping sauce. The combination of flavors and textures in this sandwich is truly amazing, making it a perfect way to enjoy leftover Thanksgiving ingredients.
Additions & Alterations
There are several ways to customize and personalize the ultimate Thanksgiving turkey sandwich to suit your taste preferences. Here are a few additions and alterations you can make:
1. Bread Options: While the recipe suggests using soft hoagie rolls, you can experiment with different types of bread. Sliced white or wheat bread would work well, or you could even try making a panini out of it for added crunch.
2. Cheese Varieties: If you’re not a fan of brie cheese, feel free to substitute it with any other type of creamy or soft melting cheese. Camembert, Swiss, or provolone would all be great alternatives.
3. Mayo Addition: Though the gravy provides moisture and flavor to the sandwich, some people may prefer adding a layer of mayonnaise for extra creaminess. This is purely optional but can enhance the overall taste.
4. Gravy Alternatives: If you don’t have leftover gravy from Thanksgiving dinner, you can easily make some using chicken stock or use a packet of dried gravy granules. The goal is to have warm gravy ready when the sandwiches come out of the oven.
Feel free to experiment and make this ultimate Thanksgiving turkey sandwich your own by adding or altering ingredients based on your personal preferences!
Side Dishes to Try
Looking for some delicious side dishes to accompany your ultimate Thanksgiving turkey sandwich? Here are a few options to consider:
1. Crunchy Broccoli Salad: This refreshing salad combines crisp broccoli florets, bacon bits, and a tangy dressing for a perfect balance of flavors.
2. Corn & Black Bean Pasta Salad: Add a touch of Tex-Mex flair to your meal with this pasta salad that features sweet corn, black beans, and a zesty dressing.
3. Bacon, Jalapeno & Corn Salad: If you’re in the mood for something spicy, try this flavorful salad that combines crispy bacon, fiery jalapenos, and sweet corn kernels.
4. Classic Wedge Salad: Keep it simple yet satisfying with a classic wedge salad topped with creamy blue cheese dressing, crispy bacon bits, and cherry tomatoes.
5. Pear & Gorgonzola Salad: For an elegant and sophisticated option, try this salad featuring juicy pears, tangy gorgonzola cheese, and candied pecans.
6. Roasted Asparagus with Cranberries & Feta: Elevate your vegetable game with this colorful dish that combines tender roasted asparagus spears with tart cranberries and creamy feta cheese.
7. Shaved Asparagus with Pesto: Enjoy the delicate flavors of shaved asparagus tossed in a vibrant pesto sauce for a light and refreshing side dish.
8. Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms: Create a savory medley of flavors by roasting fresh green beans and earthy mushrooms until tender and caramelized.
9. Crispy Roast Potatoes: Indulge in the crispy goodness of perfectly roasted potatoes seasoned with herbs and spices for a comforting side dish.
These side dishes will complement your ultimate Thanksgiving turkey sandwich and add variety to your meal. Choose one or more to create a well-rounded and satisfying feast!
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich
Looking for a delicious way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers? Look no further than the ultimate Thanksgiving turkey sandwich. This mouthwatering creation is stuffed with brie cheese, turkey slices, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, then slathered with rich turkey gravy. It’s a delightful combination of all the flavors of Thanksgiving packed into one incredible bite.
To make this sandwich, start with a soft hoagie roll as the base. Layer on thin slices of brie cheese, followed by generous amounts of turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing. Top it off with the other half of the roll and wrap the sandwich in tin foil. Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes until everything is heated through and melty.
In the meantime, heat up your leftover gravy on the stovetop or in the microwave. Once the sandwiches are ready, remove them from their foil and serve them hot with a side of gravy. You can either pour the gravy over the brie inside the sandwich or use it as a dipping sauce.
– Hoagie Rolls (Pepperidge Farms, Franz, or Sara Lee Soft Hoagie rolls work best)
– Leftover turkey gravy (or make your own with chicken stock or dried gravy granules)
– Brie cheese slices
– Turkey slices
– Cranberry sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Place the brie slices on the bottom half of each hoagie roll. Use 2-3 slices, depending on your preference.
3. Layer on the turkey slices, cranberry sauce, and stuffing.
4. Put the top half of the roll on each sandwich to complete it.
5. Wrap each sandwich in tin foil and place them in the preheated oven.
6. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the sandwiches are heated through.
7. While the sandwiches are cooking, heat up your leftover gravy either on the stovetop or in a microwave-safe bowl.
8. Once the sandwiches are done, remove them from the oven and unwrap them from the tin foil.
9. Serve the sandwiches immediately with hot gravy poured inside or on the side as a dipping sauce.
Note: You can customize this recipe by using different types of bread or cheese according to your preference.
The nutrition information for the ultimate Thanksgiving turkey sandwich will vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. However, here is a general breakdown of the potential nutritional components:
Calories: The calorie content of the sandwich will depend on the portion sizes and ingredients used. Generally, a turkey sandwich with brie, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy can range from 400 to 600 calories or more.
Protein: Turkey is a great source of protein, providing around 25 grams per 3-ounce serving. Combined with the protein from brie cheese and potentially other ingredients like stuffing, the sandwich can provide a substantial amount of protein.
Fat: The fat content of the sandwich will also vary based on ingredient choices. Brie cheese is higher in fat compared to other cheeses, but it adds richness and flavor to the sandwich. The gravy may also contribute to the overall fat content.
Carbohydrates: The bread used for the hoagie roll adds carbohydrates to the sandwich. Additionally, cranberry sauce may contain added sugars, which contribute to carbohydrate content.
Vitamins and Minerals: Depending on ingredient choices, this sandwich could provide various vitamins and minerals. Turkey is a good source of several B-vitamins and minerals like iron and zinc.
It’s important to note that these are general estimates and may not be applicable to every variation of the ultimate Thanksgiving turkey sandwich. To get a more accurate assessment of nutrition information for your specific recipe, it’s recommended to use an online nutrition calculator or consult with a registered dietitian.
In conclusion, the Thanksgiving sandwich offers a delightful and convenient way to enjoy the flavors of this beloved holiday. With its combination of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and other traditional ingredients, it encapsulates the essence of Thanksgiving in every bite. Whether enjoyed on Thanksgiving Day or as a tasty leftover treat, this savory creation is sure to satisfy cravings and bring joy to any meal.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!