“Indulge in the ultimate tri-tip sandwich experience with our mouthwatering recipe. Savor the tender, juicy tri-tip steak perfectly seasoned and grilled to perfection, nestled between soft buns and topped with a zesty sauce. Elevate your sandwich game with this easy-to-follow recipe that guarantees to satisfy your cravings. Get ready to taste pure deliciousness!”
The Tri-Tip Sandwich is a delicious and flavorful recipe that features juicy smoked tri-tip steak, melted provolone cheese, caramelized onions, and a tangy chimichurri and horseradish sauce. The sandwich is assembled on toasted ciabatta rolls, adding a nice crunch to each bite. The combination of flavors and textures in this sandwich make it a standout dish for any summertime BBQ or outdoor gathering.
To make the sandwich, start by buttering and toasting the ciabatta rolls on a Blackstone griddle or in a skillet. Spread horseradish sauce on the bottom half of each roll and layer thin slices of tri-tip on top. On the other half of the roll, spread chimichurri sauce. Next, place caramelized onions on top of the tri-tip and layer provolone cheese slices on top. Use a basting dome to melt the cheese until it’s gooey and delicious.
Tri-tip steak is perfect for sandwiches because it’s lean, full of flavor, and slices well. You can use leftover smoked tri-tip for this recipe, which makes it even easier to prepare. The heat from the griddle or oven will warm up the meat quickly as you assemble the sandwiches.
This recipe can be customized to your taste preferences. You can add fresh tomatoes, garlic aioli, or chipotle mayo if desired. For those who like some spice, jalapenos can be added for an extra kick. The sandwich pairs well with sides like potato salad, coleslaw, beans, corn, pasta salad, fries, and chips.
Overall, this Traeger smoked tri-tip sandwich is a crowd-pleasing recipe that never disappoints. It’s perfect for any occasion – whether you’re cooking for a large event or just want to enjoy delicious steak sandwiches throughout the week. Give it a try and see how much everyone loves it!
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe works because it combines the rich flavors of smoked tri-tip steak with the tanginess of chimichurri and horseradish sauce, the creaminess of provolone cheese, and the sweetness of caramelized onions. The toasted ciabatta rolls add a crunchy texture to balance out the tender meat. The recipe is easy to assemble and can be made in advance, making it perfect for outdoor parties or family gatherings. It also allows for customization, with options to add fresh tomatoes, garlic aioli, or jalapenos for extra flavor. The recipe pairs well with a variety of side dishes or can be enjoyed on its own.
– Tri-tip steak
– Ciabatta rolls
– Provolone cheese
– Caramelized onions
– Mint cilantro chimichurri
– Creamy horseradish sauce
1. Butter each half of the ciabatta roll and toast on a hot Blackstone griddle until golden brown.
2. Spread horseradish on the bottom half of the rolls.
3. Layer thin slices of tri-tip on each bottom half of the rolls.
4. Spread chimichurri on the top half of each roll.
5. Place caramelized onions on top of the tri-tip and layer provolone cheese slices on top.
6. Place a basting dome over the sandwich and melt the cheese.
7. Serve and enjoy!
- Slice the tri-tip across the grain for tender meat.
How To Make It
To make this delicious Traeger smoked tri-tip sandwich, start by caramelizing the red onions. Sauté them on the Blackstone griddle or in a skillet until they are golden brown and sweet.
While the onions are caramelizing, slice the ciabatta rolls in half and spread butter on each half. Toast them on the Blackstone or in a toaster until they are golden brown.
Next, spread creamy horseradish sauce on the bottom half of each roll. Layer thin slices of smoked tri-tip on top of the horseradish sauce.
Once the onions are caramelized, place them on top of the tri-tip slices. Layer two slices of provolone cheese on each sandwich.
Cover the sandwiches with a basting dome on the Blackstone griddle and melt the cheese to perfection. If you don’t have a basting dome, you can place the sandwiches under the broiler in your oven until the cheese melts.
Finally, spread mint cilantro chimichurri sauce on the top half of each ciabatta roll. Join both halves of the sandwich together and enjoy!
Remember to slice your tri-tip across the grain to ensure tender meat for your sandwich. And feel free to get creative with additional toppings like fresh tomatoes, garlic aioli, or jalapenos for some extra flavor.
This recipe is perfect for outdoor parties, BBQs, or family gatherings. Serve it alongside sides like potato salad, coleslaw, beans, corn, pasta salad, fries, or chips for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Tips For Success
1. Use a Blackstone griddle or cast iron skillet to sauté the onions and toast the ciabatta rolls. If you don’t have either, use the broil setting on your oven.
2. Butter each half of the ciabatta roll before toasting for a golden brown crust.
3. Layer the ingredients in a specific order for maximum flavor – horseradish sauce on the bottom half of the roll, followed by thin slices of tri-tip, caramelized onions, and provolone cheese.
4. Use a basting dome or alternative device to melt the cheese until it’s perfectly gooey and melted.
5. Slice the tri-tip against the grain for tender meat that’s easy to bite into.
6. Customize your sandwich with additional toppings like fresh tomatoes, garlic aioli, chipotle mayo, or jalapenos if desired.
7. Pair this sandwich with classic BBQ sides like potato salad, coleslaw, beans, corn, pasta salad, fries, or chips.
8. Prepare the mint cilantro chimichurri ahead of time to save time when assembling the sandwiches.
9. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different devices like air fryers or broilers to melt the cheese if you don’t have a Blackstone griddle.
10. Let the tri-tip cool to room temperature before slicing for easier cutting and serving.
In conclusion, the tri tip sandwich recipe offers a delicious and satisfying meal option. With its flavorful grilled tri tip steak, paired with fresh ingredients and a tangy sauce, this sandwich is sure to please any palate. Whether enjoyed for lunch or dinner, it’s an easy-to-make dish that will leave you wanting more.
Learn More About Grilling
If you want to learn more about grilling, check out these other helpful resources!